These “Terms and Conditions” govern your use of www.Powerjobs.mu and www.skillsmauritius.com . Please read these carefully.
In the following ‘Terms and Conditions’, WE and US and The Website refer to www.PowerJobs.mu and www.skillsmauritius.com. YOU means the User, registered or not registered, and includes a candidate posting a job resume or an employer posting a job vacancy and also includes a third party posting or instructing us to post material on the Website such as Advertising Banners or any such information. YOU and THE USER also refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing this web site for any reason whatsoever.
If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here, do not use this web site and service. By using this web site, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
www.Powerjobs.mu and www.skillsmauritius.com may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time at its sole discretion by updating this posting. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions, because they are binding on you. The terms “You” and “User” as used herein.
Users may not use the Web Site in order to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is harmful, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, hateful or otherwise objectionable.
A user shall not:
- Post, transmit, distribute, store, upload, or destroy material (i) in violation of any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation, or (ii) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others.
- Post or transmit any message, information, data, text, software or images, or other materials (“Content”) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, tortious otherwise objectionable or that may invade another’s right of privacy or publicity.
- Impersonate any person or entity, delete or modify any material posted by any other person or entity not related to you.
- Print out or otherwise copy or use any personally identifiable information about candidates for purposes other than consideration of the candidates for potential employment by your company.
- Communicate, send, or place unsolicited e-mail, telephone calls, mailings or other contacts to posting individuals and entities.
- Register an e-mail address that you do not own or for which you do not have the express permission of the owner to register.
- Violate or attempt to violate the security of the Web Site, including, but not limited to, accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account that the user is not authorised to access; sending unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, e-mail.
The Web Site may be used only for lawful purposes by individuals seeking employment and career information and registered employers seeking to hire employees or skills.
USERS SHALL NOT SPAM MEMBER COMPANIES OR CANDIDATES WHOSE RESUMES APPEAR ON THE WEB SITE. YOU MAY NOT RESPOND TO A JOB LISTING OTHER THAN IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR THAT JOB ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF. RECRUITERS AT A MEMBER COMPANY MAY NOT USE ALLOCATED JOB LISTINGS OTHER THAN TO LIST AVAILABLE JOBS AT THE MEMBER COMPANY.
- Recruiters representing candidates may not send that candidate’s resume in response to a job posting.
- IT is strictly prohibited to resort to Posting of any franchise, pyramid scheme, “club membership”, distributorship or other business opportunity which requires an upfront or periodic payment, pays commissions only (no significant salary) or requires recruitment of others including, but not limited to, members, sub-distributors or sub-agents
- USERS SHALL NOT DISCLOSE THEIR LOG IN DETAILS INCLUDING PASSWORDS WITH ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY OR USING YOUR PASSWORD FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED PURPOSE. Use of any password-protected area of the web site is restricted to the registered user who has been given permission and a password to enter such area. This password cannot be distributed to others, and the registered user is responsible for any and all damages to The Website resulting from the distribution of his or her password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your registration or password.
The Website does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of communications posted by users or endorse any opinions expressed by users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at your own risk.
The Website acts as a passive channel for the online distribution and publication of user-submitted information and has no obligation to screen communications or information in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by users. If notified by a user of communications which allegedly do not conform to these Terms and Conditions, we may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of the communication. We have no liability or responsibility to users for performance or nonperformance of such activities. We reserves the right to refuse registrationand/or to prevent further access to the Web Site for violating the Terms and Conditions or the law in force and the right to remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive. We may take any action with respect to user-submitted information that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion if we believe it may create liability for The Website.
By submitting content to any public or non-public area of the Website, including message boards, forums, contests and chat rooms, you grant Us and Our affiliates the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. You also warrant that the holder of any rights, including moral rights in such content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. You also permit any subscriber to access, display, view, store and reproduce such content for personal use. Subject to the foregoing, the owner of such content placed on the Web Site retains any and all rights that may exist in such content.
PowerJobs.mu and Skillsmauritius.com are only a platform designed to allow companies to post job opportunities and to search for suitable candidates (ii) for candidates to post their own resumes for the purpose of seeking jobs for themselves. We are under no obligation to screen the profiles or other information. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the jobs or profiles posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of companies to offer job opportunities to candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings. In addition, note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, underage persons or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the Website. Because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, We cannot and do not confirm that each user is who they claim to be. Because we do not and cannot be involved in user-to-user dealings or control the behaviour of participants on The Website, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release US, Our Website (and our employees and agents) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential, direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. We are under no legal obligation to, and generally do not, control the information provided by other users that is made available through the Web Site. By its very nature, other people’s information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabelled or deceptively labelled. We expect that you will use caution and common sense when using this Website.
The Website contents may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. We make no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Website or its material contents. The use of the Website and its contents is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Website and may be made at any time.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any resume or material contained therein placed by you on the Website. Companies are solely responsible for their postings on the Website.
We do not warrant or guarantee that a resume or job posting will be viewed by any specific number of users, or that it will be viewed by any user.
The Website is not to be considered to be an employer or an Agent, including a Recruitment Agent, with respect to your use of the Website and We shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason made, made by any entity posting jobs or candidate profiles on the Website.
WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEB SITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENTS THEREIN RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
THE WEBSITE AND MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. WE AND THE WEBSITE , TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE MATERIAL, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR WWW.POWERJOBS.MU, WWW.SKILLSMAURITIUS.COM , OR OUR AGENTS OR OUR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS.
The Web Site contains links to third party web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Us of the contents on such third-party Web sites. We shall not be responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and do not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party Websites. If you decide to access linked third party Web sites, you do so at your own risk.
TERMINATION OF USE
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to pursue all of legal remedies, including but not limited to deletion of your information from this Website and immediate termination of your registration with or ability to access the Website and/or any other service provided to you by Us, our Agents or Employees, , upon any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or if We are unable to verify or authenticate any information you submit to the Website registration with or ability to access the Website.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless www.PowerJobs.mu and www.Skillsmauritius.com , its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Website, its contents or your breach of the terms of these Terms and Conditions. We shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.